Friday, September 13, 2013

The long haul was worth it.

14 hours and 5 minutes is a hell of a long time. Consider working your daily job from 9am to 11pm, it would suck right? No it wouldn't. You have the freedom to move, stretch squirm and go to the toilet any time you want without disturbing the poor guy next to you.

Add to this torment, I had a little fiend sitting next to me trying to snap unflattering photos of me while I sleep, as per the photo below. But I am cunning, and devised an ingenious solution to my woes, the good old blanket over the head trick, she never saw it coming.

Overall it wasn't too bad of a flight though despite my rants, but I'm entitled to them, we did after all spend over 14 hours on a plane.

But it was all worth it, Vancouver is beautiful.
The air is cleaner, the sun shines brighter, the trees are greener and taller, the cars are bigger and shinier, the houses are brown, a nice brown though and the people have better accents and bigger smiles. That is all except customs. What a fiasco, they are jerks, and we did not even see it coming.

Let me give you the lowdown. We are traveling for 4 months, starting in Canada, with no booked accommodation in the USA, thus it didn't look like we were going into the states at all. So what do you do in Canada for 4 months? Work. Well that's what it looked like to customs anyway, queue the interrogation. It felt like an episode of border security, but this time we were the suckers being grilled.

But all was good, once we explained our trip and flashed our return ticket we were on our way, only 1 hour and 15 minutes later!

So back to Canada, its awesome, put simply. But that's a story for tomorrow all. For now, its our bedtime, because we've been up for 33 and a half hours and I think that's enough for today. You can't say we are not living every waking moment in Canada ay!

So goodnight,
Kristian & Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment